Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stranger! ...I've seen your face in another life...


The City

The trees were standing there…
in a magical silence.

Like evil soldiers of Satan himself...
Ready to ruin all the tranquility of the night,
waiting for a chance to throw their sharp arrows,
And restless until they strangle all the roses with their cold, savage hands…

The dark, cool breeze of autumn,
The falling of the last leaves…
And Us…
Figures of death,
beholding the true lie of an upcoming earthquake,
To bury all the unseen…
the hidden eyes of the roads…
I step in the blank pages of the future…
my childhood playmates,
dead leaves crushed under their feet…
No innocence left in their glassy eyes…
what am I doing here?
The only truth that can be found is up in the sky,
The white, bright stars leaning to the sky,
With a solid, unbreakable faith

to the moon…
_______________________________________________

I looked at his birth certificate for the last time.
For the last time I remembered a time when a few digits made sense,
And now he is sleeping
somewhere among nameless,
forgotten, and oblivious graves…

and I'm grieving,
for all the tick tocks of my life,
All the sunrise and sunsets I never noticed,
All the gifts I'm wasting…what could I be?

Now it feels as if I'm sitting in a swing
and I'm spinning and spinning …
And my blood aches,
Running with bruised feet in my purple veins…
We never decided…never chose,
The blood is just pushed in a path…
meaningless and still purposeful.
I hear its foot steps,
constantly running within.
Still painful, but is it meaningless?

I've had enough of doubting,
I do wake up to see a different day every morning.
I do not question the purpose anymore
and I do feel beautiful within my white aura…

So comforted and faithful,
To the moon…

Sep 27, 07 Tehran Iran

No comments:

Post a Comment