Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fragility

Today,
I gave birth to my mother.

I’m the little woman
who died, too soon...
I am the continuation of a generation of women,
who failed,
despite being the strongest women of the earth.

I,
The witch,
The martyr,
The virgin,
The saint,

I’ll for ever be
the legacy of those,
whose flame went so high,
It burned down the heavens...

I am the last Mother.
The heat of the Sun,
the depth of the Sea,
the wild of the Forest…
I am the light of the Moon...

I am the goddess of the world. . .
even more...

I am Persephone,
the mortal,
who became the queen of the Underworld...

I don’t need to be saved,
I’m just fine in this world of dark...

I am used to walking amongst the dead everyday,
many don’t even know they’re dead yet...

I carry the spring with me,
but I’ll leave the winter for you...
I may even trick you and me,into thinking,
that I am invincible,

but take good care of me,
I’m more fragile than I know.

July 22, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Copy from Multiply:

    mysticmaze wrote on Jul 22, '09
    emeraldmoon said
    I don’t need to be saved,

    I’m just fine in this world of dark. . .

    I am used to walking amongst the dead everyday,

    Many don’t even know they’re dead yet. . .
    Beautiful writing, Negin! Great depth...

    My earliest memory in church - as a little girl - was hearing the phrase attributed to Jesus..."Let the dead bury the dead..."

    I knew everyone around me was dead, and that I would have to walk away from feeling safe to fulfill my purpose. It was a frightening thought at the time, but it unfolded effortlessly. We take our safety with us! In that context... women never "need to be saved..."

    Thanks for sharing this, with us, Negin. We are happy to see you on-line again!

    dpatrickt wrote on Jul 24, '09
    As far as the flow and fluidity of your English
    the movement and pause of clauses, phrasings,
    the lineation...
    this is the best piece of your writing that I have seen.

    The expanding wings of Icarus as he runs to the edge of the cliff
    touching the sun!

    until...


    vaziry wrote on Aug 3, '09
    Negin jooon ,
    A great poem and i want to ask something?
    in which situation you wrote this
    wonderful poem?
    Thanks azizam .

    ReplyDelete