Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Huntress



Tick tock,
a soft buzz,
the universe Om
I open my eyes, and I notice the silence.

Curtains pulled away and shelters dropped and light shines in me,
and I notice the day.
Some time when I was not in pieces yet,
my subconscious froze in a memory that my brain has erased ever since.

Half woman, half wolf,
the bohemian redheaded huntress howls and hijacks my core:
"I hunt, therefore I am"
And she rises

Pressing my palms to my knees,
I struggle to rise with her but can't keep up.

My date smiles in a shy, hesitant acknowledgment
"We don't hold hands?" he whispers.
The huntress growls…

He leans in to plead his case and I pull away 'cause I've heard it all.

There's a beating on my eardrum and I let the gypsies in.
Gypsies don't like the bohemian redheaded huntress who doesn't dance.
She evokes...
She seduces,
She conquers.

My core knows the gypsies well but has been an alien inside the huntress' eyes;
Watchful, but not welcomed.

Like soft clay in her hands molded into whatever she desires.
A big shift is happening and I notice the core...blazing...

Wearing a long flowy skirt and my brown boots I join the dance.
My earrings sing like wind chimes,
hair falls heavy like weeping willows.

The huntress sniffs the air.
"The night is coming." she echoes the wind.

Full moon rises The woman with bleeding hair grasps my heart tightly.
The flames rise and gypsies make a sanctuary of it.
I bathe in the fire heart aching.

I become whole as she lets go of her clasp on my heart Gypsies give way...
My core takes back the wheel.

I hug the huntress and keep her close as she protected me through too many storms.

"My story is that of longing and desertion Care to listen?..." "And we do hold hands" I whisper,
as I stretch my hand towards his.

June 13, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment