Sunday, November 4, 2012

Untying the Knot

Seek the wisdom that will untie your knot, 
seek the path that demands your whole being. 
Leave that which is not, but appears to be, 
seek that which is, but is not apparent. ~Rumi




I am too much of an accident to make any sense at all...
Every special, accidental moment has a scent,
and every time I smell a familiar one,
I know exactly what will happen next...

There are cuts on his face...
“why did you shave? You look so young!”
“I am young!”

But can I please transform you?
Can I make you fit in this tiny frame
that I’ve carved out of broken logic and mistaken suppositions?
Just stand still and look like you belong
but don’t smile
cause I can't make you happy...

“Hold on to me! No! Let me go...”

You never listen and I like that!


Exodus …
This life was never mine...
I cheated on you…
I made love to the thought of losing you.

I became that man you knew
who slept with the women of his imagination.
Vivid dreams,
that you can touch and smell...

it smells like a wedding,
and I throw up on the bathroom floor,
where I made love to the Russian girl,
who smelled like bitter almonds...
lethally lonely...
She made no sense either...

I wake up from her and walk down the aisle…

I walk past perfect little pink princesses with perfect little lives,
past call girls with big hearts,
past the frustrated intellectual who was in love with the woman I never grew up to be…
and I raise my eyes to the alter
where you feed me lies before you make a sacrifice of my serenity.

There’s nothing sacred about your thirst to serve a false prophet.
You are too young for my soul…
so I scratch your face with the nails of my denial,
to make you look like you know what I’ve made you do!

The ominous scent of a moment of trust fills the air
and I,
accidentally say “I do”…

Jan, 05, 2012

1 comment:

  1. Copied from Multiply:

    mysticmaze wrote on Jan 5
    Powerful.... and enigmatic, Negin... I love your imagery and shifting points of view...

    (Rumi is a favorite! :-)

    What is happening in your life???

    emeraldmoon wrote on Jan 5
    NANCY! I just emailed you on your yahoo address. The nb one! :) Thanks for reading it. Always good to find your little human maze at the bottom of my blog post. :* and i'm loving your posts by the way... i should come here more often....so many wonderful things to read!

    mysticmaze wrote on Jan 7
    I'm digging through my mailbox and finding missed messages. Always great to see your beautiful moon popping up! Glad you've found something interesting at my site... my posts are few and far between.

    Are you still in Canada? Will you be there for awhile? Is everything going OK??


    emeraldmoon wrote on Jan 7
    Yes yes still in Canada, and all is well. :) i just got your little note on my email.

    ReplyDelete