Saturday, September 15, 2012

Embracing my curls


Suddenly,
today has lost its significance.

I constantly need to be reminded
that the hollow in me is not filled yet.

The tears on the picture frame,
remind me of a day when it was okay to be sad.
I didn’t have to explain to anybody
and I wouldn’t be misunderstood.

I don’t remember the talks
but I remember the faces…

I have finally got over my suppressed resentment
for every hypocrite I got to know.
Because I’ve grown to learn, that I am one of them.

I have finally come to this realization
that I should accept, me.

So,
I’m embracing my curls,
I’m embracing my memories
and I’m embracing all the things I lack;

all my flaws and all my mistakes.
It took me a long time
but I won’t straighten my hair today!

Today I let myself know
that I am moving on...

My childhood blanket
has been waiting for me all this time.
It felt like she had been weeping when I hugged her...
So I told her what I have learned while I was away.

I told her that it's ok to be sad,
because nothing is here to stay.
Things pass and morph too quickly
too quickly for us to have a chance to shed a tear over them
or smile about the little sweet moments.

Just like a little doodle,
sketched on a little piece of paper,
we're gonna lose our meaning anyway.

So we’re gonna sail right through it all,
together,
like we did that summer
and every summer for that matter.

We’re gonna be strong
and we’re gonna make sure
that we will make everyone proud;

even those who didn’t give themselves a chance
to make us proud.

This year I’m accepting...
this year I’m fine
with all the reality, that make my life
so not pink and fluffy and sweet sometimes!

This year
I’ll let the waves in my hair
redefine me. . .

July 04, 08

1 comment:

  1. Copied from Multiply:


    mysticmaze wrote on Jul 5, '08
    Great post!

    dpatrickt wrote on Jul 5, '08
    Yes!!!

    ReplyDelete