Sunday, November 4, 2012

Apocalypse

Bodies fall from the sky;
they fade like fireworks
and a thin thread of light remains

I shudder…
It is not easy being human anymore,
we shift...

Hold it,
keep it,
trap it in your hands,
and don’t let it slip away,
or it will wind up like that possum
flat on the road
with its guts hanging out…
Or it will grow out,
like that tree,
ripping the walls of your heart
with it's strong, crooked branches
and will drill holes
in your walls of solitude
to hang the pictures of a happy day
when you were swallowed in someone’s perception of you:

a little baby,
lost in a big shopping mall looking for familiar feet…
teary eyes,
racing heart.

It blocks your brain’s view and convinces you,
that Agamemnon will rise
and devour all your enigmatic issues
and you will age backwards
until you are 6 again
and you don’t like dirt anymore,
then the candies will taste bitter again
because of the taste of his fingers
and it will fall upon you
like a plague
that his addiction to bitterness
is contagious.

Feisty,
vulnerable,
easily offended...

but I feel like a damn turtle!
only with a hard shell all the way through
and I know that I will not win the race.

I bleed it out right in front of you
with no shame
and the moon rises
and we turn into ourselves
howling…

You hold me
trap me,
but I slip away…
I ascend
and make my mother proud!

Be happy mama
your little girl has turned into one of the wolves
who ripped your heart out
and left you bleeding.

I ran with the pack long enough...
and now I will rise to your heavens
and rip all the phony angels limb from limp…

Fireworks!

Bodies fall from the sky,
and I celebrate becoming
the answer to my mother’s prayers.

August 13, 2011

1 comment:

  1. snowleapord wrote on Aug 13, '11
    Another strong yet enigmatic, (to me, at any rate), piece, Negin. I love the power of your imagery and the clarity of your perceptions, like a surgeon's knife, exposing our own feelings.

    Thankyou.

    emeraldmoon wrote on Aug 13, '11
    haha Jon, i should really explain myself to you one day! Thanks for reading it. I always look forward to you comments.

    simphanee wrote on Aug 15, '11
    I adore reading you! Such mystery for my mind...........to wonder and wander through your expressions!

    Very exciting writing here!

    simphanee wrote on Aug 15, '11
    emeraldmoon said
    and it will fall upon you
    like a plague
    that his addiction
    to bitterness
    is contagious.

    Feisty, vulnerable, easily offended...
    but I feel like a damn turtle!
    only with a hard shell all the way through
    and I know that I will not win the race.

    I bleed it out
    right in front of you
    with no shame
    and the moon rises
    and we turn
    into ourselves
    howling…
    Truly powerful feeling here!

    Your depth is...............................friggin COOOOOL

    ReplyDelete