Sunday, November 4, 2012

Don't sleep!

For Bruce -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are boundaries,
there are red lines,
there are places you shouldn’t be,
there are things that shouldn’t exist,
there are feelings that shouldn’t be defined,
and there are words better left unsaid...

The borders,
throw us off balance,
and we get lost in a simple inexplicable non-fact.

Then I’ll let my hair down
and the moon shine will flow down the waterfall of all the unmanageable truth I’ve weaved among my curls...
Sitting under the willow of your voice
and letting my thoughts sway
in the breeze of a recognition,

could I be so bold to ask you to catch a dream or two with me?
Can I ask us to please step on that rocking stage and not perform,
instead just dive into the oblivion together?

Let’s not write poetry
let’s not be phony
let’s not pretend that we can
that we know
that we must
that we are
anything...

I run right up to the edge
and I drag people with me,
every time.

There’s that beautiful something
that grabs you and pulls you in;
The edge is so eternally
and compellingly alluring
and I feel too weak to look away.

I don’t ever jump but people,
let go.
They fall
for the thrill
and I stare impassively at the possibilities
at the potentials
and concede

there is a moment
when a non-love
was turned into a non-heartbreak...

Let’s not say yes!
Let’s not go where everyone else has.
Let’s not believe that it matters.
Let’s just be
distant
unreal
and indefinable.

It’s okay!
Nine years from now
there’ll be enough reasons to forget
and we will be forgiven.

Let me tell you what I think,
or maybe not...
let me just listen
and be...

Because we
are a
big
huge
gigantic
enormous
gargantuan
NOTHING
and what a relief it is.

Then I’ll let go
and you mean something other than what I mean
and I won’t be as mean to you.

But I’m too easily distracted...
the sun ray hits the green apples on the table,
and the borders fade
I reach for it ... you ...
and I lose my border.

Nov 02, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Copied from Multiply:

    snowleapord wrote on Nov 3, '11
    I look forward to your poems, Negin. I love this one. Intensely personal and deeply touching, it still speaks to the human condition.

    Thankyou for sharing it with us.

    mysticmaze wrote on Nov 3, '11
    Brilliant, (((Negin)))! You take us all "to the edge" with you....


    emeraldmoon wrote on Nov 4, '11
    :) thank you thank you. your comments warm my heart...

    ReplyDelete