Saturday, September 15, 2012

I'm Okay!


There was a silver crescent hanging above my head…and a golden circle above his… I listened hard…I could hear nothing but his calm existence running under my skin… I thought about my courage… but just like the happy little gold fish in the jar that could not remember me talking about her approaching death, I couldn't remember where I put my courage! I listened again… The circle was blazing in perfection of a dream… A dream which was blooming in my every bit of being… I looked up and I knew…we'll never meet… High in the sky far far beyond my sight, I could feel a window opening, The wind brought the smell of God's poetry pages… And as I'm standing here, i feel like a dried leave on an old tree... and all I want, is for the neighbor's tree, not to cough in the autumn of our souls… I shake my pillow and it smells like my childhood doll… I see the light in his room; he didn't ask me to turn it off for him tonight! I went in; I turned the light of... for ever! He was so serenely asleep… I thought "let him sleep, pain free…" I was right; he never covered the bruises on his arms again… I cried a lot, when the button of my blouse dropped! I remembered my doll's eyes … She used to cool me down when I was burning in fever…so small that nobody noticed… Everybody separated me from "everybody". they drew a red circle around me, not that I was too important, I was just a sacrifice of "what if"s!! As I woke up the next day, I found the ashes of my courage somewhere between the pages of my high school philosophy book… It was burned by the true belief of my seclusion. The neighbor's tree coughs and I fall… The silver crescent dropped, I'm just partly moony after all! I saw him waving from his wide open window… He was writing the new words on the wind… The little girl was singing loudly in her fever… I walked in and turned the light on, Maybe he wakes up tonight… Nov 01, 07 Tehran Iran

1 comment:

  1. Copied from Multiply:

    jonbaggins wrote on Nov 5, '07
    Negin,
    I do not 'understand' your poem. And yet it moves me strangely.
    I sit and read - and my body tingles with a Truth my mind does not comprehend.
    May I offer you my blessing - and my love.
    Jon

    ReplyDelete